Encinitas, CA — Encinitas City Councilmember Tasha Boerner Horvath announced her entrance into the race for California’s 76th Assembly District today. Boerner Horvath, a Democrat, is running for the seat currently occupied by Republican Assemblymember Rocky Chávez.
In announcing her campaign, Tasha released the following statement:
“North County residents deserve an Assemblymember who shares the values of our region, and someone who can cut through the bureaucracy in Sacramento to get things done for our communities. In the Assembly, I will be your champion on issues we care about. I will lead on policies that empower hardworking families, fully fund our public schools, safeguard our most vulnerable populations, and protect the natural beauty of California. I will use my experience in the private sector to grow our economy and ensure that our state’s government reflects the same spirit of innovation that our businesses and residents are known for.”
The Boerner Horvath campaign also announced the following early endorsements:
- State Assemblymember Todd Gloria
- State Assemblymember Lorena Gonzalez Fletcher
- Carlsbad Councilmember Cori Schumacher
- Del Mar Councilmember Ellie Haviland
- Encinitas Mayor Catherine S. Blakespear
- Encinitas Councilmember Joe Mosca
- Escondido Councilmember Olga Diaz
- Imperial Beach Mayor Serge Dedina
- Imperial Beach Councilmember Mark West
- La Mesa Councilmember Colin Parent
- Lemon Grove Mayor Racquel Vasquez
- Lemon Grove Councilmember David Arambula
- Lemon Grove Councilmember Jennifer Mendoza
- National City Councilmember Mona Rios
- San Diego City Attorney Mara Elliott
- San Diego City Councilmember Barbara Bry
- San Diego City Councilmember Chris Ward
- San Diego City Councilmember David Alvarez
Tasha Boerner Horvath is a mother, community leader, businesswoman, City Councilmember, and third-generation Encinitan. Prior to her election to the Encinitas City Council in 2016, she served as a member of the city’s planning commission. Professionally, Tasha has worked as a consultant for non-profits, global Fortune 500 companies, higher education institutions, and international organizations. In response to her daughter's struggle with sensory process disorder, Tasha started a business designing sensory-friendly clothing for girls.
Tasha earned an A.B.D. in Political Science and an M.A. in International Studies from Claremont Graduate University Institute of Politics and Policy. Tasha studied at the Humboldt University of Berlin for part of her graduate work. She received her B.A. in Political Science from the University of California.
Tasha and her husband, Istvan, are the proud parents of two children.
About the 76th Assembly District
California’s 76th State Assembly District includes the cities of Carlsbad, Encinitas, Oceanside, and Vista, as well as the Camp Pendleton Marine Base. Less than one percentage point separates Democrats and Republicans in voter registration, giving the seat a closer gap between the two parties than any other congressional, senate, or assembly district in California. Hillary Clinton defeated Donald Trump in the district by a margin of more than 12% last year.
Contact: Derek Humphrey, 951.805.4167